The Bergenhusen elementary school was inaugurated as a new building by the citizens of Bergenhusen on 31 October 1959. Not only had the old school at the church become too small, but there was no place for a schoolyard. So on 2 November 1952 the decision was made to rebuild the school and in 1958 the foundation stone was laid. At that time there were about 150 pupils in four classes in Bergenhusen. Today the school belongs to the Stapelholm school association and is one of three locations of the Stapelholm elementary school together with Erfde and Stapel.
For further information visit the school’s homepage.